Idea to incentivize "direct" voting in Kyber 3.0

OP had a good idea to incentivize direct voting, I also proposed to replace the flawed proxy design to make proxies actually legitimate owners with incentives aligned with delegators. These were good proposals to fix a problem.

But this thing of quadratic voting is going to make things worse. It is punishing an entire social class literally because of a few proxies that high jacked the rich list. And that quadratic voting can be bypassed is not the issue, actually, that’s good, thanks god they will be able to bypass that unnecessary restriction.

An analogy is like when the businesses can legally bypass excessive taxes, I applaud them, since by doing that they will get more profitability out of their business, and by having more profitability they can offer to employ more people and offer cheaper and quality goods and services to the consumer.

This is more or less the same. By acting on their self-rational interest they will procure to make rational decisions, why punishing the entire rich social class, which are the ones that have more incentives to MAKE rational decisions? Since they have much more to lose? Is just non-sense. If they make rational decisions, small KNC hodlers will benefit as well, is not like small KNC holders are irrational, they just don’t have as much as big holders, and they might not even have that level of commitment versus the BIG hodlers. A guy who has a significant amount of money invested in KNC, is more likely to be engaged with the project, is more likely to make rational decisions that will benefit us all, so why punish them?

Is just illogical.

The only threat, and the only issue here remains, proxies:

They are illegitimate KNC owners, they don’t even risk anything any investment or money, only their online anonymous reputation (which they can just create another one the next day) they won’t always act in accordance with delegators interests. I know this because of evidence from other projects where this has happened before and is always the same. Why ignoring the evidence of proxy collusion of other projects.

Look guys, we can ignore reality, but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. We can do something to avoid collusion happening before the damage is done, while it is true
quadratic voting might reduce somewhat proxies voting power, it is also true that it will reduce the voting power or voting weight of legitimate KNC whales, that actually care and invested their money in the markets by buying KNC. This is why I’m completely against quadratic voting, is not a solution, and it will only make things worse.

1 Like