KNC Token Migration & Upgrade Discussion

I just posted about this in a different thread (of course the migration is well underway now) but I am with you 100%. I haven’t even claimed my staking rewards… ever, becuase the amount I’d have to spend is absolutely absurd … even with the gas prices at 30Gwei.

I have some investments locked up in Compound, becasue their COMP token rewards are pretty good. I am rewarded simply for staking , with COMP and then I am reqarded with COMP, which I reinvest into the protocol. IT’s great. To transisiton my earned COMP to my stake is a little expensive, but it isn’t a ETH suck that the KNC actions are.

I got into KNC becuase I liked what they were doing when I entered the crypto world, but I’m ready to hit the road and swap my KNC to something else over at UNI or Coinbase. I’ve wasted a lot of money voting on what I have come to realize were proposals submited for the pure purpose of generating ETH for the team and the GIGANTIC POOL members. Little guys were just throwing good ETH after bad, with no way to continue to grow their KNC investment within the protocol.

Sorta like trying to take salt out of saltwater by adding more salt.

Hello, I am trying to migrate my KNC but it is not going through or showing on the network. How long does the migration process take? Assumed it would be just as quick as an ETH transaction but it just seems to be doing nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

Also I am using the correct link I suppose: https://kyber.org/migrate

Are you on the Ethereum network? You can check Etherscan to see if the transaction is pending but other than that I’m not quite sure what problems you could be having. Maybe you can try watching the tutorial video (KNC Token Migration Guide. KNC Migration Process has begun… | by Kyber Network | Kyber Network) or reading to tutorial guide (KyberDMM Protocol - YouTube) and see if it helps.

I agree, it is straight forward but for some reason the transaction stays in a “migrate” state and does not appear on the blockchain. Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

Figured it out, just had to increase the tx fee! Duh lol thanks for the response!

1 Like

My knc have disappeared. they were successfully migrated from kncl to knc. they were staked at kyber.org. Had 2419 kyber staked. They were staked by me using my ledger nano s and using address 0x26c…a969 within the nano s. I would import the kyber to view them in the kyber.org website. I am no longer able to do this. Etherscan.io says my kyber were sent to a new address at the end of April 2021. I did not do or approve this action. The new address they have been sent to is 0xead…b3bD. Etherscan.io says my kyber are still staked. With all of the upgrades by Kyber within the past year, did someone move my Kyber for me to this new address? Please help me find and gain access to my kyber…

Were my kyber hacked and stolen from me? They are currently stored at wallet address 0xeadb96F1623176144EBa2B24e35325220972b3bD.

Hi,
Tried dm-ing you on Discord but no response. Regardless, at no point does Kyber Network control your funds. Can you check that you are on the correct KyberDAO site? Your KNC may still be staked on the old site, which is legacy.kyber.org. Kyber.org is the “new” KyberDAO site which support new KNC. Tokens on legacy.kyber.org are most likely the old KNCL. Here are the token addresses for your reference:
Old KNC token contract: 0xdd974d5c2e2928dea5f71b9825b8b646686bd200
New KNC token contract:0xdeFA4e8a7bcBA345F687a2f1456F5Edd9CE97202

Thanks for getting back to me. I found my kyber safe and sound. Cheers!

Just found out a couple of days ago about the migration. I have KNC on my ledger and cannot move it. The migration site doesnt recognize the U2F on chrome. As soon as you select the ledger wallet to link, an error pops up to use a browser that uses the U2F extension. I was able to link through metamask but gas fees are entirely too high to migrate my tokens. Is there another way for me to convert?

I’m having the same dilemma trying to migrate OLD KNC to New from my Ledger wallet. I’ve tried Brave & Chrome browsers even downloading a U2F extension but I still get attached error message…U2F browser support is needed for Ledger. Please use Chrome, Opera or Firefox with a U2F extension. Also make sure you’re on an HTTPS connection
Any success on solving this problem

@Reggie_B @Alano can you take a screenshot of the website you are using, there is no U2F requirements on kyber.org so i’m thinking you guys are using a wrong website, likely phishing websites.

FYI, U2F is a protocol that supports 2FA method, your ledger or ubikey can be used as a 2FA device via U2F.

Here is the screenshot…looks like your site…I did double check that it is https.
This is a screenshot from Chrome, but I got same message on Brave
Alano